- Annea Lockwood (NZ/US) – performances, radio presentation & talk
- Heather Leigh (US/UK) – performance
- Henning Christiansen (DK) –
- James Rushford (AU) – performances
- Graham Lambkin (UK/US) – exhibition & performance
- Junko (JP) – performances
- Tetsuya Umeda (JP) – performance
- Joe McPhee (US) – performances
- Irene Bindi (CA) – performance
- Nihilist Spasm Band (CA) – performance
- Zev Asher (CA) – film screening
- Aston Coles (CA) – performance
- Kelly Ruth (CA) –
- Colby Richardson (CA) – video installation
Statement from the Director
When programming each edition of the festival I find myself ruminating on what excites me about sound. In all artistic forms I find inspiration in the unexpected, something that touches nerves and provokes thought. Throughout history singular artistic voices emerge and impact communities and fields of artistic practice for years to come, sometimes immediately but often the current takes its time. Many artists chip away, paving their own paths often going under the radar. This impetus, this drive, is brave and risky and requires an ability to respond to internal questions without being too concerned with what everyone else is discussing or doing – non-conformists, eccentrics and visionaries. In other words, the good stuff.
This year’s theme is outside of the box, and each of the artists who have been invited to present their work at our 19th edition bring a distinct and inspiring perspective. Artists of all ages will impress, surprise, mystify, bewilder, and stimulate. Each artist stands apart in their quality and singularity.
The program brings exceptional artists and works from across Canada, Australia, Denmark, the UK, Japan and the USA to present their work through performances, talks, unique collaborations, screenings and exhibitions.
I am always excited about our program each year, but this one unabashedly, is a doozy!
crys cole, Director
Galeries for v19 coming soon…
v.19 PARTNERS + FUNDERS